Carrying props and replicas is considered by many to be essential to the convention experience. Whether purchased or made on your own, prop weapons or other items permitted below must understand that they use and carry them at their own risk and assume all risks of liability to and from anyone injured or otherwise harmed directly or indirectly by the fans acts or inaction and property damaged. LouisiANIME shall not be liable for injury, harm, property damage, or other liability associated with use of any weapon, permitted, or banned, by any person at LouisiANIME.
- Wooden swords, bats, prop canes, staffs, and etc are permitted. All props and weapons must be checked into the Convention Patrol desk upon entering the convention, or in the case of a Dealer’s Room purchase they must be cleared right after you have finish your transaction. Realistic looking weapons will not be allowed within the convention space.
- Any and all LIVE weapons are NOT allowed. This includes individuals whom possess a weapons permit, or a concealed weapons permit.
- Live Steel is not allowed in convention space. This includes blades, blunt, etc.
- If Convention Patrol decides a prop or weapon is too dangerous then you will be asked to return the item to your room or car. If you take this as a mere suggestion, then you will be expelled from the convention without a refund.
- No swinging; play fighting, unarmed included; or throwing of props and/or weapons will be permitted.
- Real Guns and other firearms are not permitted. No exceptions, even if you have a concealed carry license.
- Realistic ammunition and other realistically-colored weapons (ie: grenades): No live or spent ammunition, shells , or explosive incendiary devices.
- Whips are allowed, but must be kept on the hip at all times.
General Convention Cosplay Policy
For your safety and enjoyment of the convention, and for providing the same for others in attendance, please adhere to the following rules in order to ensure LouisiANIME is a fun and friendly place for everyone:
- This is a family-friendly convention, please try to keep it as PG as possible.
- Make sure your costume does not contour to private body parts. If it does, please wear extra undergarments as necessary.
- Men must also wear proper undergarments (this includes dance belts where applicable).
- If your costume requires a lot of exposed skin, consider wearing a nude bodysuit.
- Ice Skates (with or without the guards) are not allowed as either shoes OR props.
- No regular skates or roller blades allowed inside the event space.
- Shoes may be removed for photo shoots only, and must be worn at all other times. Socks do not count as shoes. A sturdy covering on the bottom of your foot is a must.
- Costumes that can be confused with local, state, or federal law enforcement of any kind are not allowed.
- No accessories that you could use to attach yourself, even temporarily, to another person is allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: handcuffs, leashes, ropes, etc.
- There is no profanity allowed on costumes or clothing during the convention.
- If a complaint is received about your costume or outfit the matter will be investigated and you may be asked to change.
- Make sure all pointy objects have been dulled so as not to cause harm to others.
- If wearing a large costume with wings or other large pieces that extend beyond your reach, are difficult to retract, or impair your vision then make sure you have a handler or two to assist you and/or be more aware of your surroundings.
- Make sure you get cool air or ventilation while cosplaying.
- Stay well hydrated by drinking water or Gatorade, not soda and Ramune!
- Don’t forget to eat a proper meal!
- If you are asked for a photo, please make sure to move out of the flow of traffic. Blocking hallways/walkways is a violation of the fire safety regulations and you will be asked to move.
- Leave the judging to the judges.
- Remember we are here to have a good time and be respectful.
- If you are concerned about if your costume meets the convention regulations, please email email@example.com